About the Business
Little Balasana is a handmade, body positive clothing brand that has been designed and made to wear YOUR way. Focusing on sizes 1-14 kids and featuring an ever growing range of active, comfort and occasion wear, Little Balasana is ethically handmade in Australia with fabrics specifically sourced from other Australian owned businesses.
Little Balasana believes that it's the little details that count! Things like:
- Unique and flexible styles that aim to promote a body positive attitude and experience
- Ease of movement during active play
- 6 thread safety stitch on woven crotch seams for extra durability
- Clean finishes
- Sizes for the bigger kids
- Releases of both short run and OOAK (One Of A Kind) items
- Tracked packages
- A real person on the other side of the computer screen & sewing machines
- Every item ethically handmade in Australia with fabrics specifically sourced from other Aussie owned Businesses (supporting both local and small on all possible levels)
- Eco friendly packaging - the only plastic you'll receive is the postage satchel your order arrives in!
2019 will see the arrival of Adult sizes, new colour options on original items as well as new pieces and prints that will broaden LB's range. And yes, that includes clothing perfect for mini & me matching sets!
Every child is unique and has their own special sense of style. Little Balasana's goal is to compliment that style by creating flexible, fun and unique clothing that shows our children that there's not just one right fit or way to dress.
Over or underneath other items, higher or lower on the waist, on or off the shoulders, layered or on their own, with or without other handmade brands or store bought items - I've tried really hard to make pieces that are truly flexible in their styling, so each child can wear their clothing the way they want to. What better way can we empower our Children and their individuality, and help them feel more body positive and confident in themselves than giving them more tools (in this case clothing) to better express themselves?
Hello there! My name is Bianca and I am a maker of beautiful things and the face behind Little Balasana. I have 3 tween daughters and a passion for unique, kid friendly, well made clothing. All Little Balasana items are handmade by me in my home studio here in Brisbane, Queensland Australia.
My 'Why' behind Little Balasana is written above and came about due to my own experiences being a mother to my sweet girls and their thoughts and feelings on their own self image, self worth and current fashion options.
If I can help in any way, don't hesitate to reach out! And if you ever want to share your pictures of loved ones enjoying their clothing and expressing their own style, I would absolutely love to be tagged in your images on social media. I find great joy and satisfaction in knowing my why is being shared and experienced by other parents and children.
I can't thank you enough for your support - I adore what I do and plan to keep on doing it for a very long time!
(Owner & Seamstress of Little Balasana)